what are good yoga videos/channels where i can find routines?
what are good videos for beginners?
what are some healthy meal/snack ideas?
- ezekiel breads with natural nut butters and fruit
- ezekiel/kashi/puffins cereal with almond milk and fruit
- oatmeal with fruit/nuts/dried fruit
- greek yogurt with fruit
- amy’s meals
- tuna mixed with greek yogurt and red peppers/celery/veggie of your choice + wheat and or organic crackers
- carrots and hummus makes a good side
- spinach/arugula salads with veggies, organic dressing, and avocados
- whole wheat wraps filled with lean grilled meats, greens, veggies, or hummus.. be creative!
- tomato and mozzarella wraps/sandwiches on whole wheat bread
- whole wheat pasta with natural tomato sauce
- amy’s personal pizzas
- veggie burgers on whole grain buns
- veggies/sweet potatoes as sides
- almonds, or your favorite kind of nut
- fruit with natural nut butter
- kind bars, larabars, clif bars, or luna bars
- greek yogurt
- organic toaster pastries
- amy’s toaster pops
- puffins cereal
- back to nature cookies
- i just remind myself that someone at my weight, cannot be fat. i am no where near fat. i’m not getting fatter, i’m getting healthier. remind yourself that, and that you are going to look so much better. i keep in mind that being at a healthy weight is so much more rewarding then being sick. and i remind myself to be strong. i can’t fulfill my goals if i’m still consumed by my disorder.
- i have gained around 25 pounds. it took me a good six-seven months.
- i am weight restored, but i am also as clueless about my weight as you apparently are :) i don’t care, it feels great
who are you favorite musical artists?
- keaton henson, kevin devine, los campesinos, weatherbox, bad books, manchester orchestra, why?, hop along, the xx, alt-j, phosphorescent, bright eyes, soko, andrew jackson jihad… so many more sigh
are you a vegan/vegetarian?
- nope to both, i like yogurt and chicken nuggets 2 much oops
how do you find the strength to recover?
- i tell myself constantly that i need to be healthy to follow my dreams. my dreams will make me happy in the future, and that is very important me. i can’t be a successful yoga teacher if i’m underweight, and mentally sick. i let that fuel me through tough days, because it is so important to me. you have to find your own reason to recover, whether it be a future dream or not, it has to come from you. you have to be strong no matter what. and trust me, you are strong enough.
how long have you been recovering? where you ever in in-patient, therapy?
- i’ve been in recovery since september 2011. no, out-patient. i only my normal doctor and a nutritionist.. i had to keep a food log, and meet with her every two weeks or so
what is your favorite yoga pose?
- i am tied between handstand and pigeon, both are so amazing
how much yoga do you per day/week, how many hours, etc?
- i practice around, roughly, 4 times a week.. sometimes less, sometimes more. sometimes life messes up my yoga schedule, some days i am just too damn sore or lazy to practice. i am human, so i really cannot give an exact answer. i practice when it feels right to practice. on an IDEAL day, around 45-60 minutes. again, give or take!
where do you practice? at home, or in a studio?
- i am not a big fan of yoga classes, for multiple reasons. i love yogaglo, i pay eighteen bucks a month to have an unlimited amount of yoga classes for every damn thing you could ever want- taught by fabulous teachers. i get to learn in the comfort of my own home, and it’s just lovely… totally worth it!
how many calories do you eat per day?
- i have no idea, i do not count
can you post your intake?
- this can be a sensitive subject for me, please respect it. if i feel like posting my intake for the day, i most likely will. i’d rather if everyone could respect that :)
whats your name? how old are you? are you in college?
- i’m shannen, i am 18 and right now i go to community college and i’m looking just to get a degree in exercise science for now, until i figure out what exactly i want to do with myself!
where do you work?
- a health food store
how do i become flexible, strong, as good as yoga as you are, etc?
- you PRACTICE what you want to learn. you practice stretching, you practice tough poses, you keep a steady yoga practice that makes you feel good… give it a few months and you will see for yourself! i can’t do anything for you, really. it comes from you :)
do you want to be a yoga teacher?
- yeah! in the future i would love to
how long have you been practicing yoga? what kind do you practice?
- around 2 and a half years, and i mainly practice vinyasa.. i have been dabbling with ashtanga recently for the hell of it, it’s pretty fun!
do you watch youtube videos, dvds, or practice on your own? do you use books?
- i only have 3 yoga books: slim calm sexy yoga & yoga cures, by tara stiles aaaand the women’s health big book of yoga by kathryn budig… all of them are fab
- i use dvd’s by tara stiles, kathryn budig, and sadi nardini from time to time… i mainly use yogaglo
- i DO, do my own practice… but, recently i use yogaglo whenever i practice because it challenges me to dig deeper and in result become stronger